Obasanjo Opens Up: I don't want Jonathan to Collapse Nigeria


President Olusegun Obasanjo has given reasons why he publicly tore his PDP membership card. The man who is widely respected both in Africa and around the world, said he took the action to maintain his image as a revered statesman, locally and internationally.

In three tweets posted at intervals by the former president, he said that he could not remain in the same party with President Goodluck Jonathan who uses his party and corruption to tear down the country.

He also said it is better for him to quit the PDP than remain in it with a drug baron. Details below:

Obasanjo’s purported tweet from @SegunObasanjo
“I’d rather sacrifice my political party for the interest of Nigeria than sacrifice my country for a political party led by a drug baron.

“I’d rather tear the PDP membership card than sit down and let Jonathan use PDP and corruption to tear my beloved country apart.

“I have national & international standard to maintain. For this reason I’d rather stand alone than be in the same political party with Kashamu.”

Obasanjo said that the party card he tore was one of the least things preoccupation to what is good for Nigeria, pointing out that there was nothing he could not sacrifice for the interest of the nation.

He boasted that despite the destruction of his party care, he would not be cowed by anyone, as he was still ready to comment on any matter that required his comment or view for the good of Nigeria.

He said, “If there is anything that requires my own comment, position or views. I will say it. It is only when you kill me that I will stop doing so."
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

NaijaNewsToday.com is a very reliable source of Naija news. . we are fast growing with thousands of readers everyday
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments.
Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naija News Today